ERMC's Hospitalist Program
To better meet the needs of our patients, Ennis Regional Medical Center partners with a team of physicians that offers hospitalized patients specialized care while they are in the hospital. Additionally, this program allows primary care providers more time to see patients in their clinics and reduces patient wait time. Dr. Nhue Ho leads the hospitalist program at Ennis Regional Medical Center.
When patients are admitted, physicians who are specialized in the evaluation and treatment of hospitalized patients will assume care for the patient, while working in coordination with the patient’s primary care provider.
What is a hospitalist?
The hospitalists at ERMC are internal medicine specialists who focus exclusively on the care and treatment of hospitalized patients. They maintain communication with your primary care provider throughout your stay, and upon discharge, transfer your care back to your primary care provider.
Will my doctor see me while I'm in the hospital?
Your primary care provider (PCP) partners with our hospitalist team in order to better treat your medical needs and offer you more focused attention. Your primary care provider may or may not see you while you are in the hospital. You can be assured though, that they will work closely together to best understand your needs and provide the best care possible.
How does hospitalist care benefit me?
If you are hospitalized, your illness may be serious and require frequent and focused attention. The hospitalist physicians only treat hospitalized patients. Additionally, they are skilled in the latest diagnostics and treatments, ensuring you the best care possible. Hospitalists can often help speed your recovery by following up on tests and adjusting your treatment plan throughout the day.
Will my doctor know what happened at the hospital?
The hospitalist will maintain regular communication with your primary provider to ensure a more seamless experience for you upon discharge.
Why might I see several hospitalists during my stay?
Hospitalists are available 24/7. Ennis Regional Medical Center utilizes a team of hospitalist physicians for day-in / day-out coverage. You can be assured that the team is dedicated to communicating with one another about your care.
- When you are admitted to the hospital, your primary care provider will update the hospitalist about your condition and medical history and will transfer management of your care while you are in the hospital to the hospitalist team.
- The hospitalist team will coordinate your care while you are hospitalized and update your primary provider about your progress.
- Hospitalists work only in the hospital and are available day and night. They closely monitor you during your hospitalization and are accessible in cases of emergency and if concerns arise.
- When you are discharged, the hospitalist will send your primary care provider a summary of your hospital records and medications.
- The hospitalist will also let your primary care provider know if you need follow up care.
- The hospitalist will prescribe medications you need to take when you leave the hospital, and your primary care provider will take care of refills, if necessary.
Will I receive a bill from the hospitalist?
When you are hospitalized, you will receive at least two sets of bills: one for the hospital services and one for the hospitalists, and others if additional physicians were involved with your care.
Highest Quality Care
Ennis Regional Medical Center is dedicated to providing the highest quality, cost effective care through patient-centric customer service. The partnership with our hospitalist team reflects that commitment to you and the communities we serve.
Your input is important to us!
During your stay, you will be visited by our Care Managers. Please feel free to share any concerns or compliments about your care and our hospital with him/her.
Once you’ve returned home, you may be contacted by HealthStream Research, a company we contract with to learn about how satisfied you were with the care you receive while in the hospital. The survey is confidential and your responses will help us improve the care we provide. Please take the time to share your experience at Ennis Regional Medical Center with us.